RE: [teacherartexchange] colored pencils

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 05 2005 - 04:29:15 PDT

One other thing - how are your students treating the pencils? When the
kids get the colored pencils out for the first time each year, I explain
how fragile the color core is. Color shatters inside the wood core -
esp. if the pencils have been used for drumming on tables or if they
have been dropped. You will notice this when the pencils sharpen just
fine, but when you start to work with them, the point comes out.
Treating the pencils with care seems to make a difference.

I looked a little at this site, but could only find info on
lightfastness.

http://www.cpsa.org/

Jan