[teacherartexchange] hoping to relocate to Chicago area

---------

From: Heather Huddy (artedgal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 03 2005 - 18:34:02 PDT

I am an Art teacher in southwest Michigan. I'm tenured but have dealt with the threat of pink slips for two years because I'm still low seniority and Art teachers appear to be the first to go in our district. I have been thinking about a move to the Chicago area for some time and think this may be the perfect opportunity. I'm a single parent with my oldest graduating and my youngest in ninth grade, who's really hoping we can make this a reality. Some of the postings I've seen say that you "must have an Illinois teaching certificate". I've read the guidelines and know that I qualify for a standard certificate. I have a K-12 Art Education certification from Michigan. I'm hoping a district will be interested even though I have out of state certification. I have great references, graduated with honors, etc...Anyone from the Chicago area who has any advice they could pass along would be greatly appreciated! Thank you...Heather