[teacherartexchange] Diane Arbus @ MMA

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (holejarz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 18:55:53 PDT

Hi,

This past week I got to the MMA in NYC and saw the Diane Arbis show.
It is a terrific show and well worth seeing even if you are familiar
with her work.

As part of the exhibition the curators have set up rooms with examples
of Arbus's notebooks and letters. Contact sheets of her work are also
included.I found this most interesting because you got to see the 12
shots she took of a subject and the one image she printed that became
a classic. The catalog also has copies of contact sheets and Arbus's
notebooks.

--
Harold Olejarz
www.olejarz.com