[teacherartexchange] hard subjects

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 02 2005 - 03:48:41 PDT

I share a room with a geometry teacher. She is wonderful. She is
understanding, smart, insightful. She is aware of my lessons, helps me
analyze my lessons--as I do hers. She told me what an education SHE got
when she saw me go through the National boards process. She could not
believe the variation between what art ed is perceived by the public to
be compared to what it really is. She has validated so much of what we
do, especially the depth of the academics in art ed. Somehow to have it
validated by a teacher of one of the 'hard subjects' was important to
me. It is so painful not to be appreciated or understood.
Beth