RE: [teacherartexchange] Hard subjects

---------

From: Elizabeth Adams Marks (eaamarks1956_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 01 2005 - 18:04:07 PDT

"This past week three of my undergrads were honored at a reception for
their research in art education. They are the first three from the arts
on our campus to win an undergraduate research grant. All others at the
awards reception were from the "hard sciences" and math."

 Tell them congratulations! I just finished an Undergrad Research
Academy grant at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville in making
handmade paper from the crops of Madison County, IL. It took me 15
months to complete. I'll present my research in England in June. I'm
both Art Education and BFA. For our group of scholars, there was one
other BFA printmaker, and 14 students who were science, math, and
medicine. Our presentation was a week ago. Thank you for mentoring
them. I know it took extra time and effort on your part.

Elizabeth in Illinois