RE: [teacherartexchange] TeachersFirst response

---------

From: Elizabeth Adams Marks (eaamarks1956_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 01 2005 - 17:54:34 PDT

    "our annual school art show is coming up in several weeks. I
thought, as added inspiration, we could have(also displayed and
matted)thought-provoking quotations about how valuable art is not only
for art's sake but also how it relates to all other aspects of our lives
and, for students, their other courses of study. So often, art is
considered as just an idle occupation or just "busy" work by those who
are misinformed."

        My husband just forwarded me this BBC article about an artist
with short-term memory loss. I think this would inspire most people
even if they don't understand art.

** 'I can't remember creating my art' **
Artist William Fairbank's work helped him recover from a serious car
smash, but he cannot remember creating it. <
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/health/4498757.stm >

Elizabeth in Illinois