[teacherartexchange] Hard subjects

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 01 2005 - 11:46:32 PDT

This past week three of my undergrads were honored at a reception for their research in art education. They are the first three from the arts on our campus to win an undergraduate research grant. All others at the awards reception were from the "hard sciences" and math. This was stated in the introduction by the speaker. I don't know that "hard" in this sense means difficult so much as it means "inflexible", "lacking nuance", or "prescribed" judging from the people who spoke about their topics.

Pam

=============================
Pamela G. Stephens, PhD
Northern Arizona University
Art Education
P.O. Box 6020
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6020
928.523.2432
Pamela.Stephens@nau.edu
http://www.cal.nau.edu/art/fac_pages/faculty_s.htm

For art teaching resources and professional development
www.ArtResourcesforTeachers.com