[teacherartexchange] Resources -- some already posted, some in progress

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 01 2005 - 10:00:54 PDT

Speaking of resources, some of my students worked with the Rosen Group to
develop lessons for their Arts and Crafts video (Crafting an American Style:
The East) and their lessons are already posted.
http://www.craftinganamericanstyle.com/images/PamStephens.pdf

The Crafting and American style home page is www.craftinganamericanstyle.com
. Several others from the old Getty list also contributed lessons. The goal
of the site is to have a lesson or unit of study posted from every state in
the US.

Two truly exemplary and highly motivated students have taken on independent
projects and are working with muralist William Cochran to develop units of
study for some of his participatory public art projects. Their units of
study will be posted to his websites. We anticipate that the units of study
will be completed and posted during the summer.

One unit of study will be about "The Community Bridge"
http://www.bridge.skyline.net/ and the other will be about a
work-in-progress "The Dreaming" http://www.thedreaming.info/. Although the
lessons are not yet posted, I encourage you to explore William's work. "The
Dreaming" details William's approach to involving the public through
conversations. We tried the conversations in class and were surprised at how
our responses tied us to each other.

Pam

=============================
Pamela G. Stephens, PhD
Northern Arizona University
Art Education
P.O. Box 6020
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6020
928.523.2432
Pamela.Stephens@nau.edu
http://www.cal.nau.edu/art/fac_pages/faculty_s.htm

For art teaching resources and professional development
www.ArtResourcesforTeachers.com