[teacherartexchange] TeachersFirst's Question of the Week tell me how you read this question.. are they putting a negative spin on Art ??

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 01 2005 - 08:29:38 PDT

Hi All, I just read this question in an email from TeachersFirst.com

 http://www.teachersfirst.com/weeklyq/question.cfm?CFID=1022832&CFTOKEN=91723338

I wasn't sure how to "read" the question. By stating it this way, are they saying art isn't hard ???
What does "hard" mean (is it facetious due to the quotes around it ?? )

Please post your interpretations, your reactions .
Thanks in advance, Christine Besack :)

      Question of the Week
      TeachersFirst's Question of the Week offers you a chance to express your views and experience regarding a variety of topics. Please complete all the fields in the answer information below. NOTE: We will not publish your e-mail address; it is for use only if we need to contact you. Thank you for participating.

      This week's Question:
      Recent media reports have cited research showing that exposing student to music and the arts can help build their skills at "hard" subjects like math and science. Have you seen effects such as these in your teaching?