Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Styrofoam protective seal?

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 01 2005 - 08:18:38 PDT

If you don't get responses here, there's a theatre/stage design Google group I've found helpful (sorry, just Google it; I don't have a link for it). Local hardware store might know.

My uninformed guess would be a coat of acrylic medium or very thinned white glue. Is it real Styrofoam--made of tiny pellets--or floral foam, which disintegrates into dust?

On 4/29/2005 5:33:06 PM, TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group ( wrote:
> The drama teacher at my school has created some large
> styrofoam "rocks" for a school play. After carving
> and painting them, they are now kind of chipping and
> pieces are falling apart. Does anyone know of a
> particular sealant or spray that he can purchase to
> seal the foam pieces? Marcia L in Illinois

To unsubscribe go to