O'Keeffe's Paintings

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 13:38:36 PDT

There is an interesting exhibit of O'Keeffe's paintings in Santa Fe
starting on
June 11th. I'll try to take it in while I'm in Taos for the watercolor
workshop.
    http://www.okeeffemuseum.org/visit/upcoming.html
Anyone else going to New Mexico this summer may appreciate knowing
about the exhibition. It's going to travel to Ohio and Delaware later.
                                                    Woody in KC

    June 11 through September 12, 2004
Georgia O'Keeffe and New Mexico: A Sense of Place
<http://www.okeeffemuseum.org/visit/exhibitions/senseofplace.html>
Organized by the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum

This exhibition includes 50 paintings or drawings of 35 sites in New
Mexico that O'Keeffe chose as subjects in her work between 1929 and
1951. It also includes recently made photographs of 20 of these sites
that capture as faithfully as possible the point of view of them that
O'Keeffe presented in her paintings. It is the first exhibition to
explore the relationship between O'Keeffe's paintings and the sources
that inspired them and the meaning and significance of her New Mexico
landscape paintings.

Exhibition venues:

    * Georgia O'Keeffe Museum
      June 11 through September 12, 2004
    * Columbus Museum of Art
      October 1, 2004 through January 16, 2005
    * Delaware Art Museum
      February 17 through May 15, 2005

---