Re: Wisconsin painters

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 03:30:14 PDT

>Kristy,
>Here's the link for info.
>Be fun to meet otheer artists.

>Gelato
> www/cedarburgartistsguild.com/pleinairinfo.html

>>I just read in Wisconsin Trails magazine that there is a plein air
painting contest in
>>Cedarburg, WI (near Milwaukee?)...not sure on the date. Has anyone ever
done this?

I've heard from a couple artists that have participated in the past and they
say they had fun doing this.

I myself tried to get information on it a couple years ago and
last...because I would have been interested participating. Came close by
having someone in the committee once email me and ask about my interests in
plein air, and in my encouraging the orchestration of a plein air northern
midwest association developing. I sent them a link to my website and gave
them a lot of information about what was happening with plein air on a
national level.

Perhaps though that was the problem...in that they misunderstood thinking I
was trying to develop something that would take away from their annual
event. So, though I'm known throughout parts of the country for my plein
air, I've not been able to get into this event.

It happens this year the same weekend I'll be up in Michigan with a group of
painters...but, if you can get into Cedarburg, ...as I said, I heard its
fun.

Larry Seiler
My websites-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/l/lseiler/

Member of NAPPAP- "National Academy of Professional Plein Air Painters"
http://nappap.org

"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do!"
Edgar Degas

---