Re: art festival

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 00:48:57 PDT

How about a large painting where everyone participates, then the finished
painting is donated to a hospital. There used to be an artist in Atlanta
who drew out large simple contour images--butterflies, flowers, etc--on
large stretched canvases. Sometimes they were tryptychs or dyptychs or
single panels. Using a color plan (sort of like paint by number) groups of
people would fill in the shapes with color. The pieces were then hung in
local children's hospitals.

Judie J

>Our school's art show is being expanded to an arts festival by our
>parent group next year with much more in the way of workshops. They
>want to offer 4-6 morning workshops in the arts that would draw in more
>parent and community support for us. I think this is great. But I
>wondered if anyone could recommend a workshop that brings community
>together for arts sake.
>Thanks in advance.
>Beth
>

>---