Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: Another Still Life Question

From: Deb M. (dmortl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 13:35:41 PDT

I have my Art I kids do an ALL WHITE still life in ebony - this really gets
them to push the tones. I have hobnail milk glass, white dishes and vases,
plaster hand forms from Nasco, etc and set everything up on a white sheet.
>This thread on still life has got me wondering how much time everyone
>spends on still life drawing. We did one project on still life drawing in
>my Art I, which was about 2 weeks. I was pleased with the drawings turned
>in but the students acted like it was torture. Should a beginning art I
>class have lots of still life drawing or drawing from observation?
>Joe Get more from the

Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to win
$1 million!