Re: New 2nd grade self portraits online

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 09:36:56 PDT

In a message dated 5/29/04 11:57:56 AM, lindwood@webtv.net writes:

> They have been challenging in that respect, but their
> artwork this year has been noticeably more detailed and developed than
> the previous year's 2nd graders.  .  Funny, but I have noticed a
> correlation before between hyperactivity/creativity/smart kids.
> Sometimes the more hyper a class is, the better their work.  Why is
> that???

Linda: I have noticed this also in a big way over the years. I wonder if we
studied the lives of some of the most amazing master artists of history would
we find that they were the polite, conforming, "nice" children who make life
easy for teachers, or would they be the ones thinking outside the box (and
often outside school rules) and pushing the envelope...And is frustrating as it
can be for me, I do attempt to make a place for the most difficult students to
show me what they can do---and they usually amaze me. (I was one of those
nice, quiet students and am not anywhere near as creative and innovative as my
students)
kathy douglas

---