Northern Wisconsin and Upper Michigan painters

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 08:36:49 PDT

Plein Air Painters Workshops...

Just a short note to my fellow teachers here...I am going to be working on
putting a time together for perhaps yet this summer as a jump start to
offering an annual plein air painter's workshop here in northern Wisconsin.
I do travel and teach workshops...but since there are so many interesting
areas I paint right here in the Nicolet National Forest area where I work
and live, makes sense to get one going here.

Opportunity exists to build an event that would have the workshop for
several days culminating with the option of an area gallery hosting a
weekend show of works produced.

Anyone in upper Michigan, we have thus far eight painters coming together in
the Marquette area to paint plein air of great locations up there, including
the Wetmore Landing and Presque Isle tract region of Lake Superior's
beaches. Planning on the last weekend of June this summer. I will be
offering a demo one afternoon...but primarily its purpose is to get together
and enjoy painting time in each other's company. I am feeling that area out
though for future painter's workshops. Here is a link for that get
together, a thread discussion-
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115471&page=4&pp=15

If you happen to be around or are interested...drop me an email...

I also now have my own forum at Wetcanvas.com to discuss future workshops
I'll be doing, and educational resources I'll be offering. I have a CD Rom
book in Adobe Acrobat form hopefully finished and coming out by late June.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144

AT any rate..*whew, we made it. Another year. Graduation today...one more
week after that. Hope everyone has a great summer and gets refreshed to do
it all again next year!

Larry Seiler
My websites-
http://www.artlandishconcepts.org
http://www.absolutearts.com/portfolios/l/lseiler/

Member of NAPPAP- "National Academy of Professional Plein Air Painters"
http://nappap.org

"Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do!"
Edgar Degas

---