Re: HS still life items

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 07:13:00 PDT

your local goodwill store has baskets, vases, toys, and all sorts of interesting things for next to nothing. i save stuff that would normally go into the recycle bin, too - cobalt blue arizona tea bottles, the new pomegranate juice bottle... we have a clothing still life planned for next year (arranged and pinned on the wall). my kids did awesome (i know, i'm biased!) janet fish-esque still lifes this year that i will post soon. seashells are great, too. items with local flavor...and how about a lava lamp? ooo! on a similar note, we just got a new scanner and i saw some lesson on the net (its saved at school; i found it doing a search for "scanner art") where students composed with small objects on the scanner bed to create a sort of autobiographical still life and then used the scanned image as a basis for artwork.

only 2 more days of school left for us! will miss the kids over the summer but am really looking forward to re-charging.

:D wendy free