Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Need Red Grooms Installation Info

From: Grace LaForge (lagrageo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 18:16:08 PDT

I don't know of a Red Grooms website, but I do have a great pop-up book
called: "Ruckus Rodeo" Harry N. Abrams, Pub., NY, 1988
ISBN 0-8109-1597-9. It features 6 panels of pop-ups depicting cowboys,
cowgirls, Brahma bulls, broncos, etc.
Published in cooperation with the Whitney, in conjunction with the 1987
exhibition. Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth gave permission. (They
might be sources for you)

Barbara Haskell, Whitney curator, wrote the short, illustrated essay on
Grooms' life. Included are photos of Ruckus Manhattan and City of

If it is still in print, it would be a great classroom resource. My
copy is well-loved. good luck, G