Re: Help, help, need fast dry

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 15:16:20 PDT

I always put the pots in the kiln--I don't care how wet--If they are
really wet and really thick they might not get dry, but I don't fire
things that are really thick. I leave them in the kiln on low
overnight. I have a computerized kiln and I heat it by 50 degrees an
hour till 200 degrees. Remember that water boils at 212 degrees, so
stay below that. Keep the door open or braced way up to let the
moisture out. When I get to school the next day I kick the kiln on and
shut the door.

>>> cwise@remc7.k12.mi.us 05/28/2004 6:19:48 AM >>>
This info has been on this site, but I did not pay attention before.
Please
repeat.
I have some greenware that is not dry but needs to be fired.

I know I crack the kiln open and heat it up slowly. My questions are:
        1. How long do I soak the greenware to dry out?
        2. At what temp?
        3. How wet can the pots be?
Hoping for a speedy reply...
Christa