Re: Project times - Balance is the key but how to achieve it is one of the BIG

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 08:30:42 PDT

Speaking from the secondary point of view, breaking up the long
assignments with reading and writing assignments (one day) helps a lot.
We are required to do writing across the curriculum so sometimes I just
give them a film clip or short reading about an artist who works in the
same medium. I also tend to stop, ask everyone to say where they are and
what they are doing, and then regroup if needed. This year printmaking
went on and on but they were so engaged that I just let them go - another
year they won't be very interested and we will move on more quickly.

Sue E. Stewart
Fine Arts and English
Sumner High School

---