Re: student evaluate teacher?

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 12:19:07 PDT

I have often done that at the end of the year. It can be quite pleasant
since most kids are not used to evaluating teachers and generally find
something good. I usually say open ended sentences like: My favorite
project this year was..., The project that I liked the least
was....(and explain), Mrs. Miller would be a better teacher if.....,
This class would run better if....., a project that we didn't get to do
that I would really enjoy is....
But remember, you will definitely get some zingers if you make it
anonymous. If you don't they will all just suck up. You will also get
some real criticism that you probably never considered, and it can make
you a better teacher.

>>> bjcoxteachart@msn.com 05/21/2004 4:23:21 PM >>>
I was wondering if anyone had ever had their students evaluated the you
and your class? I over heard a student talking about teaching ceramic
someday, and I quote "I could make this class super fun." And I got to
thinking was it not fun enough for him? Did he not enjoy the class? I
didn't take it personally, but it got me thinking about having the
students evaluate the class and me. I have thought about doing this in
the past but never did. Any suggestions?

Blessings,
JoeGet more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com

---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu
---