Re: What goes around - Great Advice

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 08:54:36 PDT

Linda,
    Thanks for posting this. I saved it in a folder called "Good Stuff".
The author was very wise and thoughtful. More art teachers should
take heed of the wisdom in those words.
                                              Woody in KC

love kids. Love art. Take lots of vitamin B complex. Be Dramatic.

 Read School Arts. Make friends with the custodians and cafeteria

workers. Be colorful. Find a good therapist orspiritual advisor.

Think deeply. Transcend paper cuts. Openyour heart. Soak back

and feet in hot eucalyptus baths. Display artwork with

student narratives. Make snowmen outside and

paint with watercolors. Go the extra mile. Rest. Line up good art

 subs...Keep telephone numbers at home. Make lots of puppets.

Put on lots of shows. Playbeautiful music. Learn the art of winging

 it...Murphy's law loves the art room. Only teach lessons you

would enjoy doing yourself. Don't talk too much...Get to the fun stuff.

 Life's tooshort. Be funny. Be compassionate.

  S. Costello Brownell and Kay Broadwater

---