Re: Research by vicki, next phase!

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 04:16:26 PDT

On May 23, 2004, at 11:20 PM, vranck0602@aol.com wrote:

> Hello,
> I'mmmmmm bacccckkkkk! My class is called collaborative research, and
> you, my

Vicki,
Sometimes it is more my opening discussion that is more oriented to
problem-solving.
At Starbucks you can get a CD of 'music that inspired' several
contemporary artists. Yesterday I picked up the one on Johnny Cash. It
is songs that he identified (while he was still living) that influenced
his music. I hope to use it today in class to accomplish several
things. 1) demonstrate how artists affect other artists 2) cross
disciplines to some degree 3) discuss how visual artists we have
studied have been influenced 4)by nonexemplar help to minimize the
desire to copy directly from someone else.
I know this is kind of a remote idea compared to your thread, but it is
where I am today...and there are seem to be starbucks everywhere!
Beth

---