Great site - For Altered Books- Jewelry Assemblage - Art dolls

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 09:44:57 PDT

Dear Getty ArtsEdNetters,

Get ready for summer crafting!

I have spent hours browsing Backyard Cards and Gifts:
http://www.backyardcards-gifts.com/
This of course is after I spent at least and hour at
Hobby Lobby....Robin Monville's site has so many
things I need that you just can not find elsewhere.
Jewelry makers will want to check out her slide charms
idea - a great How to CD is available.
http://www.backyardcards-gifts.com/Charms.htm
(Her CD was featured in Expression Magazine)
She will even make personal slide charms for you (I
want my ancestors). I think it would be fun to have
your jewelry classes make them - Might be a
nice fundraiser idea.

Microscope slides are very inexpensive. Your science
teacher can share their catalog. This would be a great
lesson to teach the soldering of stained
glass art.

I went nuts picking out molds I just have to
have....faces and fish were my choices.... My paper
doll awards will now have 3-D faces on them. I am
thinking about making them with little sculpy hands
too (I have a mold for those already). I found all
sorts of collage paper ideas ...too....These
would be a great addition to your altered book units.
CD available for those too.

Note: These molds are great fun for ceramics,
too....add all sorts of embellishments to pots...My
kids loved using molds. Molds especially came in
handy for the ceramic frames projects. My fun molds
disappeared though after I left - I guess the kids
really liked them - or the sub did?

Robin said the Ink Jet transfer paper is all the rage
now for book arts - scroll down to Studio Paper -print
then immediately transfer the ink by rubbing the back
side.

I am adding some of her jewelry kits to my wish list
too:
http://www.backyardcards-gifts.com/Kits.htm
Nice collage packages, too.

I linked this site up to Art Store on IAD and to My
Arts and Crafts page. I know some of you want to spend
summer being creative. More sites for Altered Books to
come (I have a lesson plan from Linda Kieling to get
on the site).

Don't we all need more "stuff" (smile)?

Judy Decker

=====