Re: End of Year Thanks and requesting input from beginning teachers

---------

From: Sharon Henneborn (heneborn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 22 2004 - 08:52:34 PDT

Dale congratulations on a successful first year. from what I have read
from you you are an excellent teacher.

I have been asked to present a special session at the NJ art educator's
conference in October for the pre-service future art educators. I am
saving your post to hand out to them. You really summed up why they
will benefit from a connection with this group. I will suggest they
start participating while they are still studying.

This is a request for Dale and all other beginning teachers. What
would you have wanted to know before you were thrust out into the
classroom. I remember the best advice I got was from the librarian the
week before graduation. He said, "This is my graduation advice to you.
  Make friends with the custodian from the first day!"

  Sharon ~ NJ

On Saturday, May 22, 2004, at 08:34 AM, Dale wrote:

> Wow! My first year of school ended yesterday and I am trying to take
> it all
> in. I want to say thank you to everyone on this board for helping me
> complete this year successfully. Being able to communicate with other
> art
> teachers has been invaluable, whether I was actively posting or
> following
> discussions or reading the archives this board. This has broadened my
> perspective and helped me to plan and solve problems. The sharing that
> occurs here is incredible.
> Dale in Tn

---