Re: Spanish/Art University Classes

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 21:16:31 PDT

Michelle Kee wrote:
> Yikes, I have to do 3 credits of Spanish for my ESL endorsement. Does
> anyone know of a class in Mexico that offers Art lessons which doubles
> as both Spanish and Art? That would be my ideal way of learning the
> language. I have SPA 101, need the equivalent of SPA 503.

Michelle,

This Web site has many schools listed:
http://latinamericalinks.com/mexicospanish.htm

I have twice attended the Center for Bilingual Studies in Cuernavaca
(south of Mexico City); it is a very professional, well-run school.
They don't have classes that would qualify in Spanish AND art, but they
do offer many lecture in particular subjects, including art and Mexican
art history. A number of US universities take students there, so you're
assured of getting college credit.

If you are really keen on combining art and Spanish, look for schools in
San Miguel de Allende, which has a large ex-pat community of artists;
they may have what you're looking for. Just make sure their credits
will be accepted by your state dept. of ed.

Buena suerte,

Maggie

---