Re: Red Grooms Lesson Ideas Needed

---------

From: sandra summers-barrick (tamayo_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 18:54:55 PDT

Okay something I love. I've met Red Grooms a few times in NY. What I
will say is that both in High school when I went through Ruckus
Manhattan and then later outside a Museum what is most apparent is his
humility and quiet persona. I think whatever lesson I would do would
have to involve 3D rooms which would be constructed as Grooms does, and
perhaps even reconstruct the train with paper mache people. I also have
a poster (which he so pleasantly signed ;) and if I would cut it up it
would be a two decker bus. It is a paper pattern of one, which was
painted by Grooms. It would be a wonderful mixed media project with each
team being responsible for their part. Or you could spread out the
lessons so you actually do different parts with different classes and
then at the end of the year present them together as an installation,
perhaps at the art show.
        I have a lesson from some web site but I'd have to look in my files to
find it.
Sandra

---