RE: elementary sketchbooks

---------

From: cen_aca_dp (cen_aca_dp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 13:01:01 PDT

>I am wondering what form elementary sketchbooks take for most of you.
>And also, what do students use them for -- how often do they draw in
>them, do they do sketching in them besides planning for the assignment
>they are working on, etc?
>
>Deborah in Colorado

Using the school book binder, I made sketchbooks for all of my fifth grade
students. I used colored tag for the cover and back (mix and match 2 different
colors so they have a choice of a cover) and copier paper for the pages. The
students designed the front with a radial design using their name and gel
markers. Worked out great!

Denise Pannell
Defiance, OH

---