Lauren -The Creative Process

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 04:26:52 PDT

Lauren - Also see this file

The Creative Process:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/amy-creative.htm

For everyone else - I already gave Lauren this file:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/ideas.htm

"Ideas come from the outside and they come from
within" ~ Eric Carle (quoting a child who wrote to
him).

Eric Carle's ideas were about the bigger picture. The
Busy Spider was a story about work ethic....The Quiet
Cricket is story about growing up....sure they are
bugs - but there is more to the story.

How the artists get ideas that you decide to study is
more important than Torrence's theory (I am afraid I
never heard of him).

How artists get ideas needs to be discussed with each
culture - each artist. "Fluency, flexibility,
originality, and elaboration" doesn't work with some
of the cultures we studied.

Is this the Torrence study? Creating Creativity:
http://www.northwood.edu/abd/abdccpress.html
Lots of good quotes on the page. I don't see any
"famous" artists listed - I see real people. Book is
out of stock now at Amazon - the used price has to be
a typo. Check the Dow Center if interested. That is
all I could find that fits.

One TAB Choice list member has her students brainstorm
this topic - then they make a bulletin board of all
the ideas the KIDS generate to help them through the
year.

Judy Decker