15 Kindergarten Lessons - ALL online

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 12:44:23 PDT

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

I am still getting requests to forward Pam's
lessons... they are online.

Pam's lessons will only be online one more day -- save
them NOW. Your "job" is to develop one good lesson
from the 15 that she shared and return it to
IAD....with an artist or culture featured that also
emphasizes Character Education....along with music to
compliment the lesson - plus a movement activity to
get the concept to really sink in.

What is really wrong with kindergarten today is we are
forgetting those most important lessons that WE all
learned...at least I DID. Are kindergarteners today
learning the right lessons? The Big Ideas?

http://www.peace.ca/kindergarten.htm

I got my job at my former school because THIS is the
book I had read.
"ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW I LEARNED IN KINDERGARTEN"
by Robert Fulghum.
See his web site at http://www.robertfulghum.com/
AND when I sent my "Thank You" for the interview
letter, I included a box of 64 Crayola Crayons. THAT
is what got me the job....It never would have
worked with the current super. I was one of the few
who actually like the super who hired me. He was a bit
of a dreamer, too - a "visionary".

Robert Fulghum's Credo

"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge
-
That myth is more potent than history,
I believe that dreams are more powerful than facts -
That hope always triumphs over experience -
That laughter is the only cure for grief.
And I believe that love is stronger than death."

I am not sending Pam's lessons as attachment to
anyone. If you missed the links - ask someone to send
them to you. I did write to Crystal Productions in
hope of starting the Ultimate Kindergarten Book
project. I will need to send this email, too. I forgot
that it should include these lessons - Character
Counts - Sharing is important - and all need to play
fair....

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker