Re: nib cleaner

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 12:11:01 PDT

I use household ammonia--it works great with India Ink, but it would
probably depend on your ink formula. Give it a try--it's cheap and
really nasty to breathe. Sid

>>> mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com 05/18/2004 1:12:18 PM >>>
Hi, all,

Has anyone tried a homemade cleaner for dip pens? I used to use the
Higgins pen cleaner but do not have any at this school. The students
cleaned their calligraphy pens each day, but now the nibs need a good
soak
to get off the dried ink in the crevices.

Thanks,

Maggie

---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu