RE: Advocacy for Sketchbooks - Video

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 11:45:53 PDT

Judy -
the art ,literacy and science connection with sketchbooks - I have posted
this info a couple of times - it also has great info on sketchbooks - not
just for art...
I really tried to get this off of the ground with the 7/8 teachers here -
but started too late in the fall - this would be a great time to plan for
it...

If you have several classes cooperating on this activity - it only
strengthens the importance, you are not competing with other teachers for
students' time, you reinforce each others' domain, it demonstrates the
importance of art in other subjects - and other subjects in art - it is a
win/win situation if you take the initiative and time to implement it.

Young Naturalist Awards
page on field journals with examples and how to's -
http://www.amnh.org/nationalcenter/youngnaturalistawards/resources/fieldjour
nal.html

ellen

---