RE: summer programs for art teachers

---------

From: Payne, Debbie (dpayne_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 09:58:53 PDT

I too attended the TICA institute and though I enjoyed my 2 weeks in Chicago, where we were lucky enough to meet and study about many noted contemporary artists, the studio time was spent doing the most traditional of activities; gathering around a model in the center of the room. I was hoping for an experience that used the figure in contemporary ways. Instead we just simply painted the figure however we wanted to with no instruction. I was disappointed that I had spent my time and money to return to this type of experience.