RE:kindergarten book

---------

From: Catharine Ho (catharineho_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 19:20:23 PDT

I sure could have used a book like this last year. I have years of
experience teaching grades 4-12 but last year, because of an extra spare ( i
sure could have used it!) they gave me a pre-kindergarten class to teach. My
youngest son was about a year older than these kids so I thought I would
know what I was walking into - yikes - a real eye opener for me! they were
lovely, but didn't even know how to hold a pair of scissors let alone use a
pair! some didn't even know how to tear a piece of paper -can you imagine?!
Back to the book - I would certainly buy a copy myself ( summer school may
be a necessity!) and a copy for the teacher resource center - I would also
love to contribute an idea - I finally settled into the class and some of
the lessons were a great success ( others I learned much more than the kids
did!) The kids still run up to me and wrap themselves around my legs when I
'm on bus duty - so sweet- the 'joy' factor is very high when teaching the
little ones.
You might also add a developmental intro so parents and teachers know what
to expect from these little darlings. I agree with someone else who said
you need a wider market - keep the title none threatening for parents ( or
have a different cover for the 'bookstore ' crowd as opposed to the educator
crowd.)
I'll try to get an idea and a photo to you by end of July.
catharine in hOng kOng

Linguaphone : Learning English? Get Japanese lessons for FREE
http://go.msnserver.com/HK/46165.asp

---