Need Help Importing Movies to Laptop

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 13:53:08 PDT

I take mpeg movies (actually .AVI files) with my Canon G2 from time to time.
Like the one here of Tiffanie singing her ABC's:
    http://www.taospaint.com/Easter/TiffanieABCs4.11.04.AVI
Well, I've already packed away my little i-Mac that I've been using. It
worked
fine. I used the Canon software to download pics from my Canon G2. The pics
(jpeg files and movies AVI) both downloaded fine to the i-Mac. But, now
I'm using
my apple powerbook with OS X and all it imports are the jpegs using the
i-photo program.
I don't know which box I packed the Canon software in so I can't use it.
Can anyone tell
me why I'm not transfering the movies too. Is it as simple as a setting
that I need to change
on my powerbook ? I would appreciate any advice from the mac people out
there.
                                        Thanks in advance, Woody, Still
in KC

---