The ULTIMATE Kindergarten (pre-K-2) Book - Thanks all

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 11:52:38 PDT

Thanks ArtsEdNetters,

No one else needs to reply now as there has been
enough positive feedback for me to write to Crystal
Productions and have them consider this book.

As stated before - I will not be an author...I am
volunteering to collect information that is needed
most. Those of you who are not quite sure yet if this
will be the book for you - be sure to answer my survey
questions that I post in the future to collect
information. Your input can make this the perfect book
for you. Maybe in time there will be a perfect
instructional video to show you how it is done....and
maybe in time there will be the perfect book for upper
grades, too (a new and revised "Bridging").

This book will involve a lot of research and time just
collecting ideas - and research into existing core
curriculum materials. It is what is needed or we will
continue to "leave children behind"...Now I am curious
to find out if there is any kind of grant money
available for such a book? Maybe George will foot the
bill? This book will answer a lot of his concerns and
make him look like the "hero". I know John would like
this book to be written. This book will fix a lot of
problems with education today. I bet research would
show that kids' attitudes towards school and learning
are formed early on (maybe by the third grade)? Just a
hunch - since now schools all across the country are
trying to fix things at the fourth grade level (at
least they are in Ohio).

You won't need to buy the books yourselves...Your
school will buy them for you. It will be your "how to"
do that curriculum guide that is in front of you
telling you to teach a Comprehensive Arts program but
giving you little to go on. Most teachers really are
not trained in all the arts - yet now are expected to
teach all.

Off my soap box for now....

Judy Decker

P.S. DBAE really was comprehensive arts all along -
folks just didn't buy into the other arts in their
teaching. Getty even wanted to change the name to
Comprehensive Arts - but "DBAE" was catching on all
across the country and they didn't want to change.
Comprehensive Arts works....even for TAB Choice Art
Ed...even for Visual Culture Art Ed....and certainly
for Brain Based Art Ed. It is funny now...but many
young teachers coming out of school today ask "What is
DBAE?" We had some good new names for it on TAB list
(had a good chuckle).

=====
Judy Decker
jdecker4art@yahoo.com