Brown vs Topeka / Political

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 08:55:58 PDT

Yesterday was a significant day for Kansas and the nations schools.
Fifty years ago
the landmark case of Brown vs. Board of Education was ruled on by this
nations
highest court. I drove to Topeka to witness some of the celebration and
to show
support for my candidate John Kerry. It seems ironic that after fifty
years we are
still working on the most important part of equality, that of enough
money to have
true quality in our schools. According to a judges ruling in Topeka
(last week) all
funding for Kansas schools will end on June 30th until the unequal and
inadaquate
funding of our states school system is fixed. I took some pics of the
events in Topeka
and posted them on my web site:
    http://www.taospaint.com/Kerry/Topeka.html
                                                       Woody in KC