RE: The ULTIMATE Kindergarten Book (pre K-2)! Would you buy it?

---------

From: King, Jean (JKING5_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 18 2004 - 06:12:43 PDT

I would love to have such a thing.
Jean King

-----Original Message-----
From: Judith Decker [mailto:jdecker4art@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2004 11:20 AM
To: ArtsEdNet Talk
Subject: The ULTIMATE Kindergarten Book (pre K-2)! Would you buy it?

Dear Art Educators,

If the ULTIMATE Kindergarten - early primary book
would become available, would you buy it?
I am talking about a book that has Art History
Connections - Math- Science -Social Studies -Language
arts - and ART all packed into easy to follow lessons.
 Added on to all of this will be DANCE - MUSIC -
DRAMA. No fail ways to get your kiddies to learn the
material. Research has proven that dance - movement-
drama- music are all sure fire ways to get younger
students motivated and learning - yet so few try it.
Honestly, little kids do not care if you can not
sing...and they will not laugh at your dancing
....and there are no critics for your acting skills
either.

Here is the working title for the book:

"Bridging the Curriculum through Art for the Youngest
Learners."

Are you ready to buy into what the research shows?
Please post your interest (on or off list)in this
topic and I will get the ball rolling for such a
book....No promises as to how soon it will be out
there ready to buy...Just that it will be a work in
progress very soon. Hmmmm... Here is thought...What if
it also included the best of "Songs in the Key of
Art"? A Special CD - with the Pre K thru grade 2 in
mind? With some activities for each song? This book
will end up being a Best Seller through Crystal
Productions and I imagine it will be picked up by
other art catalogs as well.

I have looked ---and right now there is nothing out
there that does it all for this age
group....Comprehensive Arts is the way to go. Maybe a
revised edition for "Bridging the Curriculum Through
Art" will follow for upper elementary and middle
school? Do little dance...sing a little song....Get in
the act....and watch the work ethic/motivation rise.
It is a fact. I will just let you prove it (smile).

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker
jdecker4art@yahoo.com