Full scholarship/Let's Support the Chicago Academy of Art!

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 03:50:05 PDT

In a message dated 05/16/2004 1:25:39 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
heneborn@erols.com writes:
The good news is, on a whim yesterday, he took his portfolio under
> arm, hopped on the L-train in Chicago, and went down to the Chicago
> Academy of Art near the Art Institute. He has been entertaining hopes
> of art school to challenge him still more. The person interviewing
> him and his portfolio did so nearly with her mouth dropped the entire
> time. He had a second interview that same day with the financial
> people called in...and they gave him a full four year scholarship!
> http://www.jasonseiler.com proud as can be...! Larry Seiler
WOW! In this day of beauracracy, it is heartwarming to know that there is
still philanthrophy for the "starving artist". I applaud the Chicago Academy of
Art! Reminds me of the opportunity The Hartford Art School of the University
of Hartford gave me when I got out of high school. A poor girl with no funds
for college, the dean gave me a full four year scholarship for a BFA in Art
Ed...and here I am 35 years later, doing what I love! Cogratulations to
Larry's son, Jason. And, good luck!
Susan on Long Island

---