Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: One time instructions - 3 Before Me Rule

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 20:36:02 PDT

Well...I will toss my hat in the ring, too....

The three before me rule works with middle school
kids. Make a bulletin board at the start of the school
year. I got this idea from a co-worker and have shared
it often with the list.

3 Before Me:

1. Use handouts - instructions sheets - your notes
2. Look at art visuals - prints and examples
3. Ask someone at your table who knows what they are

I actually put the lesson plans on the table for many
of my units - might as well have someone read them.
Admin never did (nor did I). I was always available
the "crisis"....but tried to use the 3 before me rule
for the little things (and for those who didn't

Judy Decker

--- wrote:
> Amen! You waste valuable class time repeating
> instruction. Sometimes I write
> on my board (if simple enough) Most often ... an
> enlightened neighbor of the
> 'negligent' student explains the directions.

Do you Yahoo!?