Re: One time instructions - 3 Before Me Rule

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 20:36:02 PDT

Well...I will toss my hat in the ring, too....

The three before me rule works with middle school
kids. Make a bulletin board at the start of the school
year. I got this idea from a co-worker and have shared
it often with the list.

3 Before Me:

1. Use handouts - instructions sheets - your notes
2. Look at art visuals - prints and examples
3. Ask someone at your table who knows what they are
doing

I actually put the lesson plans on the table for many
of my units - might as well have someone read them.
Admin never did (nor did I). I was always available
the "crisis"....but tried to use the 3 before me rule
for the little things (and for those who didn't
listen).

Judy Decker