Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Peguins go Oaxaca - and Dolls how to's -links on IAD

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 11:09:24 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Here are some VERY stylish Penguins that you can make
with your kiddies:
Plan a major interdisciplinary unit with the core
classes - there are all sorts of children's books on
penguins. Tie in social studies and science too. I
have some tips on how to do this with elementary - and
will gladly share with anyone who will do the lesson.
I would like one image for IAD - I will write up the
lesson plan (with Pun Hui's blessing - crediting her
as source)

Here is the how to make a penguin:

A dollmaker sent me this site:
Paper Art by Pun Hui Falkenhainer
Originally from Seoul, Korea (now a Korean Texan)

Paper Washi dolls are a fine art of Japan (and Korea,

See the easy to follow directions for how to make
washi paper doll - substitute any kind of affordable
paper. Tissue paper can be your final layers for
color. You can even use the wrapped process as a guide
to the fiber wrapped dolls.

Use the Styrofoam method as a guide for paperclay/air
dry clay dolls, too:
(this won't work with Sculpy so don't try it -
Styrofoam will melt).
View her galleries for paper mache bowls and relief
pulp pictures.

Enjoy this site - I sure have. I have added many links
on my site and IAD - Asian American Artist, On lessons
plan pages - on dolls lessons.....

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department