Re: Question about due dates

---------

From: Justin Kramer (bern30_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jan 30 1904 - 03:01:44 PDT

I agree with how universal that this is becoming. My coping strategy for
them at present is. The work must be completed by the due date. Work that
has not been completed by the due must be taken home to complete - no more
class time will be allocated to complete it. Works that arrive late can only
receive a maximum mark of a passing grade - if the work is poor and is
rushed the student is instructed to redo it. I individually judge the
situation and the students ability - in most cases I request the student to
redo the work in their own time - learning from past errors to complete a
more successful work - this gives them the opportunity to demonstrate
competency and passing the semester. At the end of the semester students
with outstanding work and have not completed assesment are not given the
opportunity to continue on within the subject - dependent on circumstances.
Students with medical, etc reason have the opportunity to apply for
extentions to due dates.

Cheers

Justin

---