Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Hands Theme Page - Calling for Images and Ideas

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 13:36:07 PDT

Dear ArtsEdnetters,

I have not forgotten one of our earlier "passions"

I am officially collecting your HANDS lesson ideas now
for Incredible Art Department. If you told me about
them before- I may have forgotten....So
please repost your links and/or send me an image (send
images off list please). I will be looking up the
thread from last September too that got this "passion"
going. I would like an image to go with the ideas -
even if it is your sample.

Here is the theme page:

I will get them added now as you post them. No
detailed lesson plans needed. The image and a short
blurb is enough.

I will be adding a "Hand of Fatima" lesson idea
(Enchanted Learning already has an easy one) - a wire
plaster addition or paper mache (with added
symbols) - and a more 3-D paper mache or plaster gauze
lesson (as a personal portrait).

I have links/info on Hand of Fatima that I will
forward to you IF you are planning to do a lesson. I
will also be tying in Mexican Milagros - and
symbolism in Native American cultures (if I can find
it). Any links you have on hands around the world
will be greatly appreciated.

Mike Sacco - if you see this - I could use your own
image as a place holder for your lesson on henna
design if you want - but I prefer student art.

Thanks in advance for your goal is
to have the page done before school starts - so I will
be collecting all summer long, too.

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department