Melissa's Fine Art Paper Doll lesson updated - with handout

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 09:45:20 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I have updated Melissa's Fine Art Paper Doll lesson:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Melissa-dolls.htm

I have her "un-beautiful" handout for you to make
beautiful on your own:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Melissa-dolls2.htm
I added the Prizes part -- I thought that would be
fun. The prize can simply be the blue paper ribbons
you make with the various awards your select...see my
note on the lesson.

A pose-able paper doll lesson to come.

Congrats to Melissa - she is working on her masters
degree right now -AND taking care of her two little
boys - AND teaching! Busy lady!

Enjoy this lesson...and post your success stories
using it. "Art Dolls" is real art. Wish I could think
of the famous fine artist who does these....One high
school used her for reference.

Hmmm...in my search - I found this great Ukiyoe paper
doll actor:
http://nagoyatv.com/ukiyoe/list/chara/cha_03.html

YES! I found the high school project - but doesn't
list the artist for inspiration (I must have dreamed
that part - grin. I did see an artist in Chicago):
Great Lesson on Personal Identity! Paper Doll Diaries:

http://www.sackville.ednet.ns.ca/art/grade12/identity/dolls.html

http://www.sackville.ednet.ns.ca/art/gallery/grade12/dolls.html

The site says the older art will be phased out.
http://www.sackville.ednet.ns.ca/art/gallery/index.html
 That is where I found all of this lesson

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker
jdecker4art@yahoo.com