Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Melissa's Fine Art Paper Doll lesson updated - with handout

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 09:45:20 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I have updated Melissa's Fine Art Paper Doll lesson:

I have her "un-beautiful" handout for you to make
beautiful on your own:
I added the Prizes part -- I thought that would be
fun. The prize can simply be the blue paper ribbons
you make with the various awards your select...see my
note on the lesson.

A pose-able paper doll lesson to come.

Congrats to Melissa - she is working on her masters
degree right now -AND taking care of her two little
boys - AND teaching! Busy lady!

Enjoy this lesson...and post your success stories
using it. "Art Dolls" is real art. Wish I could think
of the famous fine artist who does these....One high
school used her for reference. my search - I found this great Ukiyoe paper
doll actor:

YES! I found the high school project - but doesn't
list the artist for inspiration (I must have dreamed
that part - grin. I did see an artist in Chicago):
Great Lesson on Personal Identity! Paper Doll Diaries:

The site says the older art will be phased out.
 That is where I found all of this lesson

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources