Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Sites of interest - Ceramics - Women's Art - and Fair Use

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 07:53:06 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Fair Use of Images:

I have spent the last four months emailing artists
before linking to Incredible Art Department. I have
done this to insure you have permission to use images.
I no longer have time to do that. I would recommend
you use Fair Use guidelines and only select five or
six images (I do have the guideline links - they are
easy to find). If you follow the "rules" you do NOT
need to get permission -- You only need to get
permission if you want to PUBLISH the images - that
includes on a school web site (or any not-for-profit
web site) - or use them in a public presentation (like
a conference). Make your PowerPoint presentations now
"guilt free" for in class use. We did find one artist
who would not allow your fair use - those kind of
artists make it very clear on their sites. It's funny
- no one batted an eye all those years we made our own
slides from books....

Ceramics Links added for sculptural ceramics and

Val Lyle: Figurative Sculpture - Gestural Art
Graham Hay: Paper Clay and Paper Sculpture information
Linda Hansen Mau Ceramic slab Kimonos and more
Diana Lang Kelly -large coil vessels
Vicki Hardin Clay Art Pottery - coiled Raku -pit fired

I also added a link to Precious Metal Clay lesson
(links from Vicki's site)

Women's Art:

Link added to:
Woman Made Artist - Collections of works by
contemporary woman artists. click on an image to see
the accompanying exhibit. View individual artists

Links added to:
Bird Ross - Assemblage and fibers arts
Robin Urton -Eyecon Art Gallery - Surreal

Link added to Asian Art:
Fujiko Isomura - Gold leaf- photo mixed media

Please share with me Asian American Artists. There is
a need for this topic. I just don't have names to look

I have added many links that I have posted to the
other lists...It is just hard to remember to share
them here once they are linked. I am still trying to
keep my Getty posts to a minimum so volume does not
get "overwhelming" for all. Seems to be working as no
one has complained to me since I stopped posting so
much (smile). For my "rambles" and links as I find
them, join Art Education list. To subscribe, send mail

Due to recent spamming on Yahoo lists, Ken has
switched to "approval" so your request may be delayed
a day or two. If the delay goes for longer - email me
and I will "talk" to Ken.

Hope you all have a great weekend,

Judy Decker

Judy Decker