Re: clay dust

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 13:02:26 PDT

    Here is a thought worth considering...ask if the air filters in the
school buiding ventilation system have been cleaned lately! This is
something that should be reported to the school district maintenance dept.
The fact that you mention a big contrast between your fall and spring clay
routines leads to exploring this possibility.

                    Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                    Art teacher, K-5, retired

> I have been using white clay the past two days with my 7th grade groups
> and find a dust has settled over absolutely everything. I did the same
> clay unit in the fall and didn't have nearly this amount of dust.

---