NEW! Watercolor Lesson Challenge -HS and MS

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 09:05:10 PDT

Greetings Arts Educators,

I am starting a new challenge page - this one just for
middle school/high school ideas using watercolors. For
your idea to be included, I need one
image of student work - OR your sample image. Folks
will want to see a picture (remember we are all visual
learners - grin). Mixed media can be included.
Joe - I definitely want an image of your project for
this page - with just a sentence or two about the
project.

Ken Schwab (if you see this) I will grab two ideas
from your site to get the page going. Woody - I will
grab one from your site, too.

Joe is looking for a WOW idea to spark a lesson for
his high school students.....These ideas will all be
ready by this time next year for all who need that
something at the end of the year. Come up with your
own meaning for WOW - (Wonder of Watercolor - Wild on
Watercolor - World of Watercolor). I am adding links
to watercolor artists I admire from this page. My only
promise is that it is online by the time school starts
next fall.

This also meets the needs of IAD survey respondents
who were only looking for sparks of ideas - not
complete lesson plans.

Winner will receive a special prize from me - a mini
work of art (of course rendered in watercolor). You
(and your students) will vote on the winner.

Folks - I did not save all of your ideas that have
been posted already - the idea just came to me today.
If you want your WOW idea listed - resend it to me off
list with a sample of student art (or your own demo
image). Only those with picture will be considered in
the "challenge". As the need arises - I will do more
challenge pages for IAD - all with fine art reward to
the winner.

FYI - the web is full of lessons for elementary -
middle school and high school ideas are harder to
find.

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker