Re: principal

---------

From: Ginny Rockwood (Ginny_Rockwood_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 09:23:13 PDT

As we are just concluding our search for an assistant principal, some of
the same questions may apply equally to a principal candidate.

What do you believe would be your biggest challenge in being principal at
our school?
How would you develop trust among faculty, students, and the community?
Share an example of how you responded to an irate parent? diffused a
violent situation? (or any other common sticky situation)
What questions do you have for us about our school?
How familiar are you with Special Ed. issues and programs?

We looked for someone: who could think outside the box (a necessity with
middle schoolers!), could take the initiative, had a sense of humor, was
familiar with our school and community (she had done her homework and was
familiar with the student handbook and could discuss it with us), had
developed and implemented a program/plan/idea, etc.

Good luck in your process,

Ginny Rockwood
Brattleboro Area Middle School
Brattleboro, VT