RE: Question about due dates

---------

From: Kramer, Bunki [LC] (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 08:11:41 PDT

Subject: Re: Question about due dates

Re: I normally don't stick to any specific "due dates" (except for
homeworks).

If anyone has an answer to this, I want to hear it. This seems like a
universal dilemma. Perhaps you can "cook up" the momentum by having daily
assignments might reset the pace. The ten minute watercolor studies sounds
promising.Christa

What works for us is for me to set a "due date" when the majority are 2/3's near completion. Once the due date arrives, I collect the finished work. That day I demonstrate the next project and the finishers begin. The tardy workers MUST finish the previous project before they can begin the next one. It's amazing how quickly they pull themselves together and get the first project completed in order to get the materials for the next one. If I don't do it this way then I have the opposite problem...earlier finishers waiting. It's sorta like spinning plates in the air...grin. Toodles....Bunki

---