Re: Question about due dates

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 06:34:06 PDT

This is our next-to-the-last week and I've been running into the same
issues, plus there is a new card game sweeping the school and it's all they
want to do now - play cards. So Monday we started weaving baskets. They are
really into it, and are doing some beautiful work. I bought beads that fit
over the spokes. Some are starting with bases, some not, some doing both.
We're using leftover (art club) psanky dye for the reed and it is working
great. What is funny is that most of them stand up to work, so they are
standing and roaming around and weaving all at the same time. They've worked
on them for three days now.

Next week we will make those pieces of board that you color and put on a
string and spin like a button - I don't know the real name for them. I have
my matcutter here now so will cut a bunch of matboard scrap squares for it.
They love those.

So, the lesson I've learned is that this is a good time for 3-D
make-it-take-it type work.

---